Mst. Arum Das 6 years old Male & Mst. Sankara Das 4 years old Male was admitted in Hope Hospital by Missionaries of Charity (Dayadan, Sr. Karina) on 16.07.2012. At the time of admission Arum Das had fever, cold, cough and ulcer in leg. Sankara had also fever, cold, cough and ulcer in head. Sankara was malnourished also. Both were admitted under Dr. S.S. Bose. Both the brothers are living into the slum in Nimtolla Ghat Street, in North Kolkata. They have one elder brother (12 years) & old elder sister (8 years).
Eight months back their father went to the clinic of Missionaries of Charity in Nimtolla Ghat Street. Sisters of Missionaries of Charity referred their father to Hope Hospital for diagnosis. After several investigations in Hope Hospital it was found that their father was suffering from Mouth Cancer. He was referred to Cancer Hospital for treatment. Sisters of Missionaries of Charity was taking care the treatment cost of their father. But despite of all efforts of sisters their father died on 07.08.2012 in Thakurpukur Cancer Hospital.
Sisters of Missionaries of charity have admitted their elder sister in Loreto Boarding school. Their elder brother is already addicted with glue and Sisters of Missionaries of Charity are trying to locate that child. Both Arum & Sankara who were admitted in Hope Hospital was getting well and as they were very vulnerable children and the mother of these children is little bit mentally retarded, Sisters of Missionaries of Charity requested to Hope Foundation for a protection of these children in Hope Homes. After considering all these facts and after discussion with Ms. Jenny Browne (Overseas Director) both the children was send to Crisis Intervention Centre of Hope Foundation for future plan of action.

Anjalim 4 year's old girl who is living in Babubazar near Khidirpur met a serious road accident on 02.07.2012 and was seriously injured.She was rushed in S.S.K.M Govt. Hospital on that day, but in fact no treatment was done in that Hospital for 20 days.
Ms. Donna Mclemore from USA came to know the about this incident. She contacted with Hope Hospital and asked for help. Anjalim was shifted to Hope Hospital on 24.07.2012 with huge lacerated infected wounds in medial side of right leg extended from lower part of thigh to foot. Tibia was exposed in lower part of leg. Bones of medial part of ankle joint was also exposed. There were also wounds in chest and abdomen. At the time of admission she also had a fever. She was also getting convulsion at that time. At the time of admission Anjalim was malnourished. Her weight was 8 kg. Anjalim was admitted under Dr. Mukul Bhattacharya (Orthopedic Surgeon), Dr. Ajoy Ghosh (General & Plastic Surgeon). At the time of admission Anjalim was not in a position to talk & eat by her. She was unable to recognize her parents also. Due to malnourishment Anjalim was also referred to Dr. S.S.Bose (Pediatrician). Anjalim is improving day by day in Hope Hospital. Her wounds in abdomen & chest and some portion of her leg are already healed. Right now she has some wounds in foot. Anjalim has gained a significant weight. Within one month treatment in Hope Hospital she is now 12 kg. Anjalim now recognizes her parents and now she started in taking foods in her own hands. Anjalim needs grafting in some portion of her foot and she also needs bone fixation. But she is not fit for the operation right now. We will do the entire necessary thing for Anjalim.

Case Study of Moniya Bijali Moniya Bijali went to visit a doctor at KarAnjalim in South 24 Parganas District. After her visit she was waiting at the station to catch Sealdah-Namkhana Local Train. One married woman standing nearby offered her a cake Moniya refused to eat. But she was forced to eat the cake. Sonia was totally unconscious of what she was doing. Being asked, she started following the woman wherever she was going. Then she was taken to a hotel in Sealdah where she had rice which she vomited back. Afterwards, she was not at all in her senses. When she got her sense back, she realized that she was in a brothel in New Delhi.
She remembered her father's mobile number and was continuously trying to connect to him by the help of another girl whom she had met there. she remained unsuccessful. At the brothel customers were not allowed to carry phone with them. Somehow one managed to keep his cell phone with him who she begged for her rescue. Later on with the help of the customer's mobile she was able to get in touch with her maternal uncle. That Bengali customer too helped her in finding her parents and took her from Delhi to Kolkata. He further took her to HCWS.
Moniya used to be violently beaten up in the beginning and was forced to take prostitution. She even fell ill with high fever for 7 days due to brutal bashing. She was beaten up by a fat lady whose complexion was white as far as she remembered. She was given food to eat in time, and was provided with one single garment during her stay in the brothel. Most of the time she was forced to tart herself up to attract her customers.
On the other hand, Moniya's father Arum Bijali* had no information about missing of her daughter. He, from his side, lodged an FIR as well as GD in Kakdwip Police station. Then he approached the local MLA as well, from where he was told to go to an NGO, named HCWS. Arjun Bijali then contacted HCWS and informed the entire incident of her missing daughter. He received telephone call from her daughter one and half months later, informing she was beaten there in Delhi very badly. Moniya had given her father a mobile number. From that number it was possible to trace her. She was staying in Room no. 57 on G B Road in Delhi*. With the help of Delhi & Kakdwip police, the customer as well as HCWS he was able to rescue her daughter.
She was in this business for 2 months and was subsequently rescued on 26th April.
**Name of the victims and her father's name has been altered appropriately.